Cosmic Rewind is a dark ride, that is a combination of Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom and Rock n Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios. Cosmic Rewind uses a “omnicoaster” ride vehicle that can rotate 360 degrees. The spins are programmed rotations, so it will not be a free spinning ride. If you are prone to motion sickness, you may wish to avoid this ride.
Much like Rock n Roller Coaster, Cosmic Rewind has a mix of six random songs that it will run as you travel through the universe. You won’t know which song you will hear and only one song plays per ride.
You may hear any of the following:
- “Conga” by Gloria Estefan
- “Disco Inferno” by The Trammps
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” by Tears for Fears
- “I Ran” by A Flock of Seagulls
- “One Way or Another” by Blondie
- “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
The heigh requirement to ride Cosmic Rewind is 42 inches.
Will Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Go upside down?
The coaster has a number of turns, and the individual Starjumper turns to follow the story on screen. There are parts of the ride where it dips, or has the rider travel in a curve downward. Cosmic Rewind doesn’ go upside down, so no loops or inversions.
If you are looking for a ride that does go upside down at Disney World, consider Rock’N’Rolling Coaster in Hollywood Studios.
Will Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind take my picture?
Yes, this attraction will take a ride picture
What is Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind replacing?
The Universe of Energy was previously on the same site opening in 1982, closing on August 13, 2017. The show building was reused that guests walk through as they watch multiple messages from the Xandar leadership, and exit through Wonders of the Xandar pavilion after riding aboard a Starjumper and save the Universe.
Previously in the Universe of Energy featured Ellen DeGeneres.
How to Book Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
As with other new rides, they open using a virtual queue system. There will be 2 ways to book this coaster, with the possibility of a 3rd happening in the evening during extended evening hours for Disney Deluxe, Deluxe Villa Resort, and select hotel guests. First, ensure that you and everyone in your party has a valid park ticket, and reservation for EPCOT on the day you want to join the virtual queue. If you have a park hopper ticket, you will only be able to join the evening queue when qualify for Extended Hours at EPCOT.
There will also be limited individual Lightning Lane entry, park reservations and ticket still required.
The first will happen at 7AM the morning of. You do not need to be in the park, but a must have a theme park reservation for EPCOT. The second time will be at 1:00PM, which you must be inside EPCOT to join the virtual queue. We do not recommend being on the Disney to ensure there is limited lag that we saw when people tried to join the virtual queues of Rise of the Resistance.
Please be aware that:
- Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to participate in the experience.
- In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the queue, each Guest can enter the virtual queue for a given experience no more than once per day, subject to availability.
- Boarding groups for a virtual queue are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed. Not all boarding groups may be called to return, based on availability of the experience.
- Guests may not hold a boarding group for more than one experience at the same time. If more than one experience is using a virtual queue, guests will need to enter those virtual queues one at a time.
- Guests visiting from another theme park using an Annual Pass or the Park Hopper option may not be able to join the virtual queue in a park where they do not have a Disney Park Pass reservation. In order to request access to a virtual queue during Park Hopper hours, a Guest must be inside the theme park where the virtual queue will be used.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please find a Cast Member at one of the Guest Experience Team kiosks throughout the park or visit a Guest Relations location.
Sadly, you will not be able to rope drop EPCOT for this ride at this time.
Videos of riding Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind
If you’re looking for a spoiler on what it’s like to ride the new EPCOT attraction, we will post it below. I will tell you that we did a preview, and while there were videos out on the internet, we avoided them at all costs to enjoy the ride in all it’s glory. That said, watch the video below if you want to see what it’s like, just know you were warned of that it will SPOIL any surprises you could have.
Are you excited for the new Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT? What is your opinions on rides using virtual queues? Have you ridden Cosmic Rewind, any thoughts?