Congrats on your engagement! Now it’s time to have the wedding of your dreams! With over 50 wedding venues at Walt Disney World to choose from, you will surely have the most magical day with your special someone.
The process might intimidate new couples, but this article (and your Disney wedding consultant) will make the process easier and bring you one step closer to making your dreams come true!!
You Will Need to Provide Advanced Notice
Even though Disney Weddings are pricey, many couples compete for a spot. Some wedding venues at Walt Disney World want at least 16 months’ notice to plan your celebration, but the minimum time to start planning a Disney wedding is 12 months to organize and perfect your celebration. So, if you just got engaged, the sooner you call, the better. You don’t even have to know the exact date of your wedding; the consultants can guide you! So, the initial call is crucial for securing your spot and accessing all types of venues.
Even if you’re getting married sooner, give the wedding consultants a call. There will probably be more restrictions with a shorter timeline, but they might work something out for you!
You Will Need to Speak with an Agent
Sometimes, agents have a negative connotation of pressuring you to buy an expensive package. But with Disney wedding consultants, it’s quite the opposite! Their goal is to find the right deal for your interests and budget; they are just as excited as you are for your big day! The wedding consultants will connect you with all the departments needed to make your wedding a success, such as the florist, the chefs, and the photographers. The best part is that you can plan all the details over the phone, which makes it convenient for couples who live across the country or even across the world.
You can start planning a Disney wedding by calling 321–939–4610 or filling out this Contact Us form.
They Accommodate Cultural Traditions
If you want a taste of Disney but don’t want to ditch the religious or cultural importance to you, have no fear! Wedding venues at Walt Disney World will accommodate the traditions you value. So that means you can have a religious official marry you, host a Jewish or Indian wedding, and more!
You Will Need a Realistic Budget
If you have a smaller budget, be aware that you will be limited to the type of wedding venues at Walt Disney World you can access. Some venues have a budget minimum, which we will discuss later. Intimate ceremonies with immediate family start at $3,500, and wedding receptions begin at $12,000. Don’t worry, the wedding consultant will make sure you’re completely happy with the options presented to you.
Planning Your Magical Wedding
While your wedding consultant will happily explain each of these options to you on the phone, it’s always better to hype yourself for the opportunities beforehand!
There are three types of weddings you can celebrate at Walt Disney World:
- Memories Collection: Starts at $3,500 and includes up to 6 people max, including the couple
- Escape Collection: Starts at $7,000 and includes up to 20 people, including the couple
- Wishes Collection: Starts at $12,000 and includes an entire wedding reception
As mentioned above, some wedding venues at Walt Disney World can only be booked with a minimum budget. Therefore, the larger your budget, the more options you can access.
- Luau Point: Get married on the beach at the Polynesian Resort and host up to 100 people. Costs $2,500 with a budget minimum of $5,000
- Italy Plaza in Epcot: Beautiful Italian backdrop that hosts up to 150 people. Costs $4,500 with a budget minimum of $8,000 (Note: You can get married in any country pavilion with the same budget.)
- Swan & Dolphin: This resort is known for having cheaper wedding venues, starting at $4,000 for intimate weddings. There are four backdrops to choose from, and a reception hall can be rented for larger groups. Many resorts on property offer similar packages, so be sure to ask your wedding consultant for details
- Disney Wedding Pavilion: The most well-known reception area on the edge of the Seven Seas Lagoon that hosts up to 250 people. Costs $5,000 with a budget minimum of $10,000
- Tree of Life: Get married at Animal Kingdom’s icon with beautiful scenery. Better suited for smaller ceremonies. (Contact your wedding consultant for guest limit.) Costs $4,500 with a budget minimum of $10,000
Higher Budget Venues
- Magic Kingdom East Plaza: Say “I do” in front of the castle. (Can it get more magical than that?) This wedding venue at Walt Disney World hosts up to 175 guests and costs $25,000 with a budget minimum of $20,000
Floral and Décor
Your wedding consultant will connect you with a florist who will keep your favorite colors and tastes in mind. From bouquets and corsages to altar enhancements and reception decorations, planning a Disney wedding becomes easier! You can also request elegant centerpieces and theme the rooms according to your interests.
The best part is that you can pay as much or as little as you would like!
Catering and Wedding Cake
The best part about trusting a wedding consultant to assist you with your perfect day is that they will connect you to the chefs. Whether you want buffet-style or a three-course meal with an open bar, the chef will accommodate you!
Here’s what each meal costs on average: (Note: these do not include sales tax or gratuity.)
- Breakfast: $140 per person
- Lunch: $165 per person
- Dinner: $190 per person
Now for the delicious part—the wedding cake! The options are nearly limitless for designing your cake. You can choose a pre-designed cake with a wide range of flavors, or you can base it on your favorite Disney movie. The chefs are always up for suggestions!
Cakes can range from hundreds of dollars to thousands, so get a direct quote from your wedding consultant. You may also choose a local venue to design your cake, which might save you some money.
What better way to cherish this special day with a photographer! You can choose from a single or double photographer package, a videography package, or a portrait session at select resort areas.
Here are some of the packages they offer:
- Romance Package: A simple photography package that offers two photographers, 6 hours of shooting, and a Fairy Tale Album. Costs $3,000
- Enchanted Rose Package: A deluxe photography package that offers two photographers, 10 hours of shooting, a Fairy Tale Album, and a theme park portrait session. Costs $5,000
If you’re on a tighter budget and don’t care about the extras, consider hiring a local photographer. They usually start at around $1,000.
If you’re finding it hard to keep track of all these suggestions, you’re not alone! That’s why you can store all your ideas, decorations, and dream venues on My Dream Space, a Disney platform similar to Pinterest. This is the perfect way for brides to share their ideas with their partner and wedding party!
The Possibilities Are Endless!
Disney wedding consultants want your special day to be unique to you! Be sure to ask your consultant about inviting favorite Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie to your reception. Perhaps you want to wow your guests with a stunning acrobatic performance or a firework show. There are so many possibilities!